We all have different concerns to discuss all the time related to our body but majorly all women know the pain of dealing with cellulite. This stubborn body fat doesn’t look beautiful and hits your confidence when you want to wear that perfect little dress!
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a lumpy, dimpled flesh on thighs, hips, buttocks and stomach. It’s usually a fat deposit underneath the skin.
Now why do we develop the cellulite?
There are various factors responsible for the appearance of cellulite on your body. But we will share some of the most common reasons for those dimples on your skin which may not look so beautiful
- Family History
- Estrogen levels
- Age (More you age more likely they tend to show up)
- Losing collagen
- Epidermis thinning
- Increase in the fat tissue due to weight gain
- Poor circulation
While there are many reasons for one to develop cellulite, these are the common ones. They are not painful but they don’t look very attractive so everyone tries to get rid of them.
Now cellulite has been further categorised into three grades depending on their severity
- Mild – In this grade which is also termed as grade 1 there are slight depressions on the skin. It’s not very noticeable and can be barely seen
- Moderate – This is the grade 2 which is not very intense but is easily visible. Depressions are more on this grade.
- Severe- This is the grade where depression is severe and skin appears more like cottage cheese and depressions are more.
Depending on the severity of your cellulite you can choose whether you want to see a dermatologist who can suggest some cosmetic procedures to lessen their appearance or else you can also try some home remedies on your own.
- Weight loss – Once you start losing weight you can see their visibility also decreases.
- Massages – we all know how massage benefits our skin in many ways and for cellulite it’s considered the best treatment. Massaging that particular area with oil and cream improves lymphatic drainage which can also help to stretch out skin tissue which eventually fades away the appearance of cellulite. In order to see great results from massage you need to give it some time and do it religiously.
- Hydration – Increase your water intake and this is something that is not only good for cellulite but to detox our entire system. So drink more water to flush out all toxins from your body.
- Add Collagen supplements – With age our skin loses collagen so it is advised to add some collagen to your diet. Collagen isn’t just good for cellulite but has got other benefits too.
- Exercise – Nothing beats cellulite more than movement. With healthy eating, drinking enough water and taking proper rest one more thing that you need to do is use your body more. Create a great workout routine to see major changes in your body.
Would you like to stay fit and look good for life? Join Ritu ma’am at home diet and workout plans starting at just ₹299 (for Indian residents) / US $4.99 (for rest of the world residents) at BeFitYou, world’s first at home women only fitness platform.