We all crave sugar but when someone is on their weight loss journey people actually look for some replacement and they obviously prefer the healthy one. There is a lot of confusion among users as to which is better, Sugar or Jaggery, still everyone has their own inputs.
- First of all, always remember they are both made out of sugarcane.
- Both of them have almost the same amount of calories.
- White sugar is considered as one of the unhealthiest forms of food on the other hand Jaggery has got a good nutritional content.
- Jaggery can be used as an alternative in almost all the desserts.
- Though due to it’s subtle taste people often tend to add more of it than sugar.
- Diabetics are recommended not to have any of these.
- If you are looking for long term health benefits along with weight loss it is advised to quit any form of sugar irrespective of how good it sounds.
- You can have jaggery when you are really craving sweets but remember to not overdo it.
Each one of us has our own perspective when it comes to sugar and sweets but it’s best not to indulge in too many sweets. Using any kind of chemical alternative as sugar substitute is very unhealthy and can cause major health problems down the line in the future.
As a Nutritionist I recommend not To undo or overdo anything. I am not a big fan of sweets but occasionally I do indulge in some form of sweets when I feel like it. I don’t restrict myself from any food group and I do prefer Jaggery over sugar but that too in limited quantities. I believe that we need to eat well, sleep well and exercise everyday then everything falls into place. Once you start living a balanced life then you won’t have weird cravings and you will always live a healthy life.